For some years Metzer Farms was experiencing only minor increases in revenue and wanted to accelerate sales growth via its ecommerce website as they started to lose online market share to larger competitors with better resources and superior positioning in major search engines. The season-dependent nature of their business added further challenges in generating more revenue, so in Q4 2019 the company founder John Metzer and general manager Marc Metzer have requested CMTC assistance in reviewing opportunities for improving online sales and growing the business.
CMTC performed competition and market research, conducted a thorough audit of Client’s website and product lines, and analyzed the effectiveness of the company’s marketing strategy. As a result, a strategic Sales & Marketing Program was developed and deployed to maximize sales growth by a) implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) procedures to Client’s ecommerce website, b) reaching out to existing and past customers via Email Marketing, c) identifying and developing new channels for sales by running awareness and acquisition Facebook Ads campaigns, and d) analyzing and reporting metrics and providing data-driven consulting advice and training to authorized company staff on how to grow the customer base, optimize the budgets and minimize the ad-spend.
1. As a result of an SEO program, the performance of the Client’s website in major search engines has improved and its ability to rank well for specific keywords in targeted locations has significantly increased.
• Total number of site visits increased 655.23% [from 14,588 to 110,173]
• Number of new site users increased 624.56% [from 10,369 to 75,130]
• Number of visits via organic searches increased 1,887.55% [from 2,875 to 57,142]
• Traffic from social channels increased 4,016.67% [from 78 to 3,211]2. In the course of Facebook Ads campaigns, large affinity and in-market audiences were reached with significant results in terms of customer engagement, website traffic, conversions, and the shopping cart generated revenue.
• 16 ads were deployed targeting 8 audiences resulting in 5,638 new users visiting the Client’s website product pages
• 12,999 “Add to Cart” conversion actions were recorded on the Client’s website originating from Facebook Ads at the ad-spend of only $547.83
3. As a result of the Email Marketing strategy utilizing various data points and advanced segmentation models, the improved brand awareness and increased number of leads has been achieved.
• 1,087 new subscribers added themselves to the Client’s mailing list via the website newsletter subscription pop-up form
• 4 email campaigns were launched resulting in 1,826 new users visiting the Client’s website
4. Finally, online sales revenue has significantly increased compared to Q1-2019.
• New Sales – $65,000 (25.96% increase)
• Retained Sales – $2,500,000
• Retained Jobs – 25